Partech Newsletter: 2 new investments, 2 new investors, 2 new reports
This February flew by so rapidly but we still had time to onboard two new deep tech companies in our portfolio community, NGD Systems and Quasardb.
On the team front, we are delighted to welcome two team members:
Vanessa Gstettenbauer, our new Senior Associate for the Venture fund in the Berlin office, and Julie Ehrmann, our new analyst for the Growth fund in the Paris office.
Speaking of team, we are looking for an Office Manager for our Berlin office. Do you have anyone in mind for the role?
Do also take a look at two reports published by our teams in the recent weeks: the annual report on fundraising African startups, and an overview of the payments industry. We hope you find them interesting.
Have a great read!
€33M raised by our porfolio companies
- NGD Systems raised €10M ($12.4M) to invest in development and marketing of its Intelligent Storage Products. Wondering what they do? To put it simply, their technology brings processing power right into where the data is stored, making SSD storage ready for machine learning applications. Useful for data centers, video content delivery and IoT applications!
- Quasardb raised €2M ($2.5M) to advance its disruptive high-performance database with native time series support and help the company expand its commercial footprint and marketing efforts in the USA. With Quasardb solution, transfers, computations and aggregations are so fast that analysts can work interactively on their data, regardless of the amount stored. If you are a quant financial analyst working on huge amounts of time-series data, rejoice: there is a very bright light at the end of your tunnel!
- Bugcrowd raised €21M ($26M) to combine human bug hunters' creativity with intelligent algorithms on its bug bounty platform.
This also happened recently
- Getsafe recently launched their Digital Health Insurance in Germany. They offer six insurance modules that you can individually assemble to fit your personal lifestyle and cover all the relevant and changing risks in your life. A flexible companion to help you feel secure!
- Cambridge Blockchain partnered with IHS Markit, the U.K.-based data analysis firm. The companies will offer integrated reference data, operations, and software to support utilities for the collection and management of know-your-customer information (“KYC”). Markit my words!
- Another success for Streamroot: 1+1 Media Group, a Ukrainian leading broadcaster, chose them to power its growing platform's video delivery.
- Virgin Hyperloop One made a strategic partnership with the Indian State of Maharashtra which announced their intent to build a hyperloop route between Pune and Mumbai beginning with an operational demonstration track. Getting real!
- Plae launched a shoe collection for grown-ups... and is preparing a big thank you to the buyer of its millionth shoe!
- After France, Italy and Spain, Lendix launched in Germany and the Netherlands, building up its mojo as the European leading direct lending platform to SMBs!
- And, sometimes even great teams and products aren't enough. We were sad to see the end of Giroptic's story. But as Romain Lavault says: "The investor's life, just like the entrepreneur's, is made of ups and downs." Read his tribute to the company and the lessons learned in this adventure.
Read the full newsletter there.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the next one directly in your mailbox!