Partech Newsletter: March Your Way To Success!
Back to work after two packed days in San Francisco for our Founder Summit! We were excited to gather our portfolio companies in order to share insights, best practices (and drinks!), and participate in workshops and discussions with amazing speakers who honored us with their presence — speakers included Francoise Brougher (Pinterest), Mark Burton (Mulesoft), Marc Diouane (Zuora), Paul Henri Ferrand (Google Cloud), Pete Flint (NFX), Drew Guevara (Morgan Stanley), Raj Kapoor (Lyft), Stéphane Kasriel (Upwork), Jason Lemkin (SaaStr), Junaid Mohiuddin (McKinsey FastGrowth), Bertrand Quesada (Teads), Charles Race (Okta), Ben Smith (AT Kearney), Dan Springer (DocuSign). A big thank you to all of them for sharing so much and with no B.S.! Get a glimpse of the summit here.
This was also the moment when we unveiled our new identity as a firm. Our new brand, Partech, reflects what we have built in the past six years as a global investment platform to serve tech entrepreneurs, from the very early stage to the most mature growth phases. Our core DNA will never change: tech businesses with a global reach. The new logo, like our brand, is the continuity of a story that started decades ago, across many good and tough times.
We are a partnership and our new domain name, partechpartners.com, reflects the global, integrated and diverse team we have — including 15 new team members in the last 15 months!
We involved each and every one of us to write the collective mission and values that we live by every day to deliver both strong value to our portfolio entrepreneurs and performance to our investors. More here.
Have a great April month!The Partech Team
- Made.com raised a €45M ($56M) pre-IPO round to further accelerate their growth and consolidate their leadership across Europe. The company also reported 2017 net revenue of £127m (up 40% year-on-year), and is break-even.
- Drover raised €10M ($12.4M) and launched a car-subscription service. Yes, car-as-a-service! Watch how it works here. They also announced a partnership with BMW Group UK: a new way to get access to BMW and MINI vehicles on a flexible basis!
- Ornikar, the online-driving school, raised €10M ($12M) to reinforce their leadership in France and go European. They are also adding new services like offers to purchase cars as well as insurance services. If Tom Petty was still with us, he would probably want to change his song. “Learning to drive, but I ain’t got strings!”
- Bestmile raised €9M ($11M) to power the company's expansion and extend its partnerships. ADP (Aéroport de Paris) joined the round. Bestmile’s Mobility Services Platform enables the intelligent operation and optimization of autonomous vehicle fleets, regardless of their brand or type, for both fixed-route and on-demand service types.
- Ermeo raised €2.5M ($3M) to sustain its growth and go international. The French software company offers an app companion for agents on the field to help them run maintenance operations of industrial equipments!