Partech Newsletter: €214M raised by our portfolio companies and all about retail!
In the news this month, our Future of Retail conference which brought together over a hundred attendees to listen to and interact with a selected panel of retail and e-commerce experts at Unibail-Rodamco's HQ in Paris. The conference followed a dedicated seminar with our portfolio companies with workshops on topics such as online/offline strategies, how to build online brands, leveraging social media and how to compete against Amazon. Read more about it below.
Also, we would like to highlight a special cause this month with an NGO we are fond of supporting: ALIMA. Founded in 2009, it is one of the rare NGOs able to react to emergency situations as it developed innovative approaches and an impressive R&D designed to fill the gap between medical needs in crisis situations and the responses of the humanitarian aid system. Today, ALIMA is fundraising on KissKissBankBank for the ongoing Ebola crisis. Perhaps you will be inspired to join us in contributing to their Ebola Emergency Kit fund and help them deploy fast on the ground.
Let's hope June will see a swift eradication of the epidemy!
The Partech Team
€214M raised by our portfolio companies
Frontier Car Group auto marketplaces are located in 6 emerging markets.
- Frontier Car Group raised €49.7M ($58M) in a Series B and €76.3M ($89M) in a Series C round. FCG intends to fuel its expansion into new territories and enhance its instant cash services for users selling their cars.
- Lendix raised €32M ($37M) in a new funding round which will boost the SMB lending platform's ongoing European expansion. Lendix operations are already active in France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands and Germany.
- Platform.sh raised €29M ($34M) in a Series C round. This will support their go-to-market strategy in North America as well as their rapidly growing customer base in the region for their continuous deployment cloud hosting service.
- PerfectStay, the B2B travel platform, raised €15M ($17M) in a Series A round, to expand to European markets, beginning with the UK and Germany.
- Cambridge Blockchain raised €6M ($7M) in a Series A round, joined by Iphone maker Foxconn, to extend its blockchain-based digital identity solution to new applications.
- Karnott raised €2.5M ($2.9M) in a Series A round to accelerate their expansion in Europe. Their roadmap is clear: become the leader of real-time tracking for agricultural equipment!
- EKIM raised €2.2M ($2.6M) to launch their fast food solution, PAZZI, an autonomous pizza-making robot restaurant. And the pizzas taste really good!
- Maze raised €400 000 ($470,000) in a pre-seed round. They aim at developing their user-interface testing tool for web designers that helps them see very early on how real users interact with their app prototypes.